Happy October my friends! Today I’m excited to show you some fun Maleficent nails inspired by the talented Janelle from elleandish to inaugurate Fall and the upcoming Halloween holiday. I hope you like this manicure as much as I do! 🙂
I actually completed this manicure several months ago after seeing the Maleficent movie with my daughter. I was so inspired by the movie that over the following weeks I completed several different nail art designs based on characters from the film. I already showed you my sparkly Princess Aurora nails (click here to see that post) and today it is highly appropriate to continue on the Sleeping Beauty theme with Maleficent.
For this manicure I used the following products:
- Essie Licorice, Julep Tatum, Sinful Colors Let’s Talk, Finger Paints Margarita Mambo, OPI My Vampire is Buff and Cinapro Nail Sugar in Hyperactive
- Large nail art dotter (I have these)
- Skinny nail art striping brush (I used Brush No. 10 from StylishNailArtShop)
- Small purple and green rhinestones from BornPrettyStore.com (use code REDW10 for 10% off!)
I started out by applying the base colors and letting them dry: Julep Tatum on the index and ring fingernails, OPI My Vampire is Buff on the middle fingernail and Sinful Colors Let’s Talk on the pinky fingernail. I then added the black polish to my index and pinky fingernails using Essie Licorice and the No. 10 striping brush from StylishNailArtShop.
I also used Essie Licorice and the striping brush to add the Maleficent silhouette to my middle fingernail. Check out the quick video tutorial below to see how I did this:
Finally, I added the touches of sparkle that bring this look together:
- the glitter gradient to my ring fingernail using Finger Paints Margarita Mambo along with Cinapro Nail Sugar in Hyperactive.
- the rhinestones to my index and pinky fingernails using a small nail art dotter dipped in topcoat.
I let everything dry completely and sealed it with Poshé Topcoat.
This is such a fun mani for Halloween! I loved the design so much that I’m considering doing it again for the month of October. What will you be wearing on your nails for Halloween? You can always leave me a comment below and let me know, I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!