Hello polished friends! It’s a two-post kind of day in my world! This time around I would like to share with you the Peeps I added to my Julep Elisa swatch for Easter. The cuteness factor of this Peep manicure is a bit over the top, but I think Easter warrants this level of cuteness. 🙂
For this design I used the following products:
- OPI Nail Envy (one coast as base).
- Essie Grow Stronger (one coat as base).
- Julep Elisa (lilac) and Lexie (yellow); Essie Blanc (white), Licorice (black), Van D’Go (peach) and Where’s My Chauffeur (teal).
- Chevron Nail Vinyls by @teismom.
- Several different-sized nail art dotting tools (you can also use bobby pins and toothpicks if you don’t have these).
- Poshé Top Coat (one coat).
I started off by painting my base of Julep Elisa and letting it dry completely. I then added the chevron nail vinyl to the tip of my nail and painted the white eggshell onto my middle, ring and thumb fingernails. Finally I grabbed my nail art dotters and added the different-sized polka dots on my index and pinky nails and the Peep eyeballs and beaks.
Quick Tip: I’ve learned with my dotting experience that it’s best to dip your dotter in the polish dollop for each individual dot, as this ensures a completely opaque dot with each application. I’ve messed up nail art designs in the past by trying to fix dots that were initially somewhat sheer.
And there you have them: the cutest little lilac Peeps on your fingernails! I had great fun wearing this manicure and I hope you had as much fun reading this post! 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by!